Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Started

So I have started reading the series My Big Toe by Thomas Campbell and I realize this undertaking is going to take time, patience and a lot of meditation.

I have meditated twice today once this morning and also just a couple of minutes ago. You must understand I have no training, knowledge or even any understanding of what I am doing, I am just playing around with my conscious mind.

To put myself in a meditative state I am using the mantra that I repeat over and over. I repeat Loving over and over in my head until everything around me disappears, sounds, shapes, feeling and even thoughts.

In my second mediation for about 20 minutes today I was in a pretty good conscious state where I was seeing images of animals I have never seen before, a man kicked a bag of wrenches and a weird looking underwater flower that had tentacles and one eyeball.

It is a little frustrating because I am trying to control my conscious mind but I can't the images just appear however they would like and they switch in and out. Once second I would see one image and then it would disappear and a new image would take it's place.

I hoping the more I practice the more I will be able to control my meditation. One thing I am 100% sure of is that I was not asleep yet I was not awake, I was not controlling my thoughts they were just images being put into my head. Very cool and strange at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment